Check out our most recent blog posts:
- Starting a Platform Cooperative: An Interview with Professor Nathan SchneiderIn our interview with platform cooperatives expert Nathan Schneider, we learn more about online co-ops and get advice for the Artisans Cooperative
- Taking Cooperativism Online: A “Bill of Rights” for Platform Co-opsThere’s a new name for online cooperatives like ours: platform co-ops. We’re using these platform cooperativism principles to design a fair marketplace for artisans.
- Take the Handmade Marketplace Priorities PollIn this post, we’ll talk about why we developed a marketplace priorities poll, and give the background on how the poll was developed.
- 5 Gift Ideas for Nature LoversOur gift guide for nature lovers and outdoorsy types features handcrafted goods celebrating nature and the outdoors
- 3 Easy Ways to Shop “Actually Handmade”We share our best tips and resources for supporting genuine handmade artisans: those millions of creative micro-enterprises who rely on craft for their livelihood: how to filter and search with a critical eye on Etsy, and where to shop Etsy alternative marketplaces and handmade store directories.
- Spread the Word with Our Grassroots Tools & TemplatesFrom Wikipedia, “A grassroots movement is one that uses the people in a given district, region or community as the basis for a political or economic movement. Grassroots movements and organizations use collective action from the local level to effect change at the local, regional, national, or international level.