Oswego Leather Wrap
A tactile and luxe leather handle wrap designed for kitchen appliances and more. Intuitive to install, our leather wrap kit is designed to flexibly coil around handles of any size just like our bicycle handlebar wraps.
Our wrap matches our collection of Leather Drawer Pulls and Cabinet Handles for warm and cohesive look throughout your kitchen, at all the touch points.
How many kits do you need? Use our calculator tool!
Like our bicycle bar wraps, the Oswego kit:
- Uses high-quality American leather that is durable in all the elements (including outdoors!), warm to the touch, and has an outstanding handfeel
- Cleans easily and will develop a rich patina with age and use
- Will last a lifetime: can be un-installed and re-installed on new appliances and moved from house to house
Unlike our bicycle bar wraps, the Oswego kit includes:
- A staple extension system for connecting multiple wraps on extra-long installations, like bannisters
- An optional leather "cuff" for neatly-finished ends
- One wrap instead of two for customized installations
- An extra-long wrap specially chosen from the hide for maximum length
Using the unique qualities of veg-tan leather, no sticky tape backing is required. This natural leather stays fast in place once installed, yet is able to be transferred from handle to handle over the years.
Like our other bar wrap kits, the Oswego Leather Wrap come as a kit that you install yourself on your handles. The simple coil tape design is flexible for any kind of handlebar dimensions: it can fit around curves, corners, H-bars, ovalized bars, and more.
Tips and tricks on our blog:
- How to Finish Bar Wraps with Natural Twine, Hemp, or Thread
- How to DIY Leather Bicycle Wraps on Anything
SPARE PARTS: Our high quality leather can be uninstalled from one bat and re-installed on another: simply un-wrap and re-install the same way you installed them the first time. Extra staples, double-sided tape (optional) and leather care dressing available in our Parts section.
COLORS: Natural, Honey, Dark Brown, Black
MATERIALS: Hand-dyed, American vegetable-tanned leather. Stainless steel leather staples.
DIMENSIONS: Includes (1) specially-designed, extra-long 1.25" wide straps of leather with beveled edges, at least 80" long.
The amount of handle this strap can cover depends on:
- the circumference of the handle
- the overlap of the coils during wrapping (we recommend 1/8" to maximize length)
In our experience, this has wrapped a 1" Diameter handle for 30" and a 4.25" Circumference ovalized handle for 24" in length.
If in doubt: order 2 sets: you can always return the unused second one.
INSTALLATION: Includes written installation instructions.
Installation video on our Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/walnutstudiolo/oswego
KIT CONTENTS: Included in each purchase is one extra-long strap, two end cuffs, written instructions, and four staples. Each strap is one single piece of leather.
- About Our Leather
- Leather Care
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Turnaround Time
- Domestic (USA) Shipping Information
- International Shipping Information
- Customer Service
PHOTOGRAPHY: Credit to Erin Berzel Photography.